Ford Mondeo - anyone help identify a wire?

Hi.

I have found an earth wire under the bonnet of my wifes Mondeo. But it's not attached to anything! What can it have come from? Pictures and details here.

Thanks if you can help.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

dojj

Does it by any chance reach the throttle body.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

or if it is somewhere near the battery might have ment to be connected to an old alarm or other device

Reply to
Wiggy

Having had no luck online I knocked on a distant neighbours door and askedto look under his car! He said fine, so I put his car up on some ramps and lo,,, no wire.

Phew, it seems to be a leftover from an accessory of some sort.

Still, thanks for looking. I now know to ignore it. Yay.

Reply to
Mike Barnard