FS: Vauxhall Carlton Spares (leather interior, brake calipers, towbars, diff etc.)

***No sensible offers refused.***

Full black sports leather interior, taken from a Carlton Diamond Estate. Overall very good condition, but with a tear in the usual place on the driver's seat. Also includes a full set of 4 black door cards with grey stitched leather trim, all in great condition but one with the plastic speaker grille missing. £95

Two front calipers from a 2 litre Estate. I bought one as the rubber flexi-hose split and the bleed nipple had snapped off on the original caliper and was rusted in, so just replaced the caliper. I bought the second one as it then failed the MOT on brake imbalance and rather than taking it apart, cleaning up the sliders and putting new seals in (which I would have probably cocked up!) I just bought another brand new replacement one. The two are from different suppliers, hence one being finished in silver and one in gold, but it passed the MOT fine and it always pulled up in a straight line. They were around £70 each brand new (exchange units), and have been stored in the shed so are still in good condition (I took them off the car when I scrapped it). They are the ealier AC Delco type, as fitted to F reg and earlier (roughly) Carltons. £50 for the pair.

A pair of rear calipers, taken off a 2 litre Carlton Diamond Estate. They had recently been serviced (sliders cleaned up and re-greased), which is why I kept them, as mine sqeaked a little, but never got around to using them. £30.

Pair of front Calipers for a 2 litre Carlton. Good condition, later ATE type. New seals (a while back now!). £30. (JB - these are the ones I got off you - could you confirm if these are definitely the ATE type?)

2 Carlton Estate Towbars (not sure if they'll fit a saloon or not???) - one of these definitely has all the correct fittings - i.e. the mounting brackets that attach to the boot floor via vertical nuts and bolts, and the other one I didn't remove these - I just undid the horizontal nuts and bolts underneath and removed it that way (assuming the others were a standard fitment, which I now think might not be the case). Both with fully working electrics, £25 each (if all the bits are there!).

Final Drive for Carlton Estate, complete with driveshafts. Taken from a G reg 2 litre Estate, but bought with the intention of fitting to a K reg

2.3TD Estate (the same unit according to my EPC Parts CD, hence why I got it). £50.

Sliding load cover for Carlton Estate (earlier design where it goes in one bit at a time, not the later type where it goes into a pair of plastic cartridges) - £20.

Also, an almost new exhaust back box from a 2 litre Carlton Estate. (£55 new, only had a few hundred miles of use) £20.

Parts located in Bracknell, Berkshire.

And like I said, no sensible offers refused - we're having a clear out and need the space, so it all must go.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

If anyone does want any of the below, make me an offer and take it off my hands - if it doesn't go by the end of the week it's going down the tip, which would be a shame. If no-one replies by tomorrow I might stick it all on ebay with no reserve so at least I'll get something for it!!!

There must be someone :-)

Peter

replacement

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I know it is a pain having such stuff lyingaround taking up space but there is no way it should finish up in a tip. As you suggest get it on to Ebay and hopefully you will get a few squid for it .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Good idea. I've been meaning to for months on end now. Problem is, I like to do things properly, and if it was to go on ebay, I'd want to find 4 AA rechargeables in the mess that I live in, charge them up, get all the stuff out of the shed into the garden, get some decent pics taken, and then put that lot on ebay. And with an absolutely aching back, none of that's looking likely. :-(

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Just keep thinking of the cash and the fact that you are not creating a larger landfill site ,therefore doing you bit for ecology :-). Buy some NIMH rechargeables-they are not expensive. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I've got some - dunno if they're NiMH but they're rechargeables of some description. Just need to tidy up and find them!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Always gets to me when someone says "Give me money, or I throw it/ them away". If stuff's only going to be chucked anyay, why ask for money for it? Not a criticism of you as such, just one of those things that keeps me awake at night (as you can tell, cause it's 5am!).

Stick the stuff on Ebay and have done. Apart from a car I listed for a quid (was a nice classic too) that didn't sell, most of my clutter gets bought up, even if it is only for pennies. Rather see it go to use than chuck it or keep falling over it :)

I'd have made an insultingly low offer for the interior (and I mean low) to save it going to the tip, if you lived anywhwere near me, as I quite fancy fitting decent seats to one of my Triumphs. Even if I decided the seats were too heavy or big, I could stil have turned them into lounge furntiure I guess.. Along with the Triumph seats I've got waiting to get something bolted to them to lift them off the floor...

Reply to
Stuffed

Where is the usual place on the drivers seat for a rip? On the bolster next to the door?

My Carlton has a grey interior, I've been thinking a black interior would be cooler. Does your lot include a dashboard and glovebox? I dont really know what someone means when they say "Full interior".

I feel the grey dash top and black verticals look a bit mismatched in my car.

I am not trying to waste your time Peter, I live a long bloody way from Bracknell so the chances of me actually giving you any money in exchange for anything are pretty slim. I'm also gonna wait till April and the MOT before I spend any money on the beast, just in case there is something uneconomic that needs done.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yep.

Basically what I mean (don't know what others refer to!) is the full set of seats (back seats wouldn't fit your saloon anyway) and the 4 door cards.

When you say black verticals do you mean the bits where the front seatbelts come through? And the diagonal bits that go at the right and left edges of the windscreen?

Heh! I know what you mean. How far away are you exactly anyway?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

these seats are not the same, you have senator style bench things, these seats are the same shape as the half leather gsi ones, but in full black leather...

nice seats/

Reply to
Theo

Yep. Lovely seats. Surely someone's gotta want them! Hopefully they'll see the ebay doctor on Thursday for a 10-day appointment.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

My seat isnt ripped there, it's a bit cracked though. Quite good for a 13 year old 170,000 miler I thought.

Ah yes, forgot about that. Maybe I should keep looking out for a Diamond Estate as my next automotive purchase, and from there to Lotus Carlton (((c:

I used to be a Peugeot man.

Hmm, I was meaning the vertical face of the dash, with the switches on is black, but the bit between that and the bottom of the windscreen is grey. The bits on the inside of the B pillar are grey on my car too.

Well, I live in Aberdeen, and according to the aa website route planner that's 545 miles from Bracknell, or nearly 10 hour journey. Somewhere in the region of £60 in petrol.

I did buy the car in Hatfield but I wasnt really planning to go back that way for a while. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Fantastic car, personally I wouldn't bother with the 2 litre though, the CDX is actually better equipped bar the leather. Find a mint CDX, ideally with leather, and chuck that in. But the 3 litre 24v Estate is definitely the one to go for, but they're near on impossible to find.

Alernatively, save up some serious cash and make this guy an offer:

I got ya.

Blimey - helluva long way to go for some leather. Probably better, easier, cheaper and quicker to get a cow that they get Aberdeen Angus steak from, kill the thing, and make your own leather :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Diamond 3litre 24v estate was what I was meaning, I didnt realise they did girly 2.0 ones as well. I suppose I've always got the 2.6 engine to put in a 2.0 if needs be. LOL.

Just got my first real job, but it'll take me a while to get any sort of money saved as I get payed peanuts. Might have enough for another banger if needs be when MOT time comes around.

tm

That is *sweet*. I seem to remember posting that link here a few months ago myself actually (c:

Heh. I was hoping to get some seats that were already made up. I've got my eye on the back seat for when my carlton goes to the scrappie, I could get my weldy mate to make me up some frames so I could have a nice top gear sofa and an office chair. Yay!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Oh, was it you that originally posted that!??

That's actually quite a good idea for what to do with mine actually! Can't help thinking that it might look just a little pikey though!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

posted it, not sure if I was the first or not though. (c:

Come on, an office chair with adjustable lumbar support? Think of it man!

Well, I think it'd be cool. If you're not up for it, how about a wipe clean sofa for the garage? Sell it to a Pikey/hardcore leather mad motorcyclist?

You're right though, it probably wouldn't go with most people's living rooms. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yeah, I like them. Didnt realise there were different models of back seat, although the estate/saloon rear seat difference makes sense. I've never had much dealings with Carltons in the past, although a lot of things look the same or similar as I remember they were in various mates Cavaliers/Corsas/Astras.

So my Diplomat spec car has seats like a Senator, but other Carltons don't?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

most of the normal spec carltons have the senator bench, the gsi's have sports half leathers, and only the diamond had the full sports leathers...

which is odd really.

Reply to
Theo

thats because there aint that many, and most of them were sold to royal families of various descriptions.

Reply to
Theo