deisel running on

Hi all , I have recently purchased a Renault Kangoo 1.9 Deisel year 2000 with 20,000 miles. The problem is when I switch off the ignition the engine seems to run on for a second or two or stops with a judder ?? I have tried a google search for "Deisel run on " but came back with nothing.

Any help much appreciated Paul

Reply to
Fiona Mallett

Fuel shut-off solenoid sticking?

Reply to
Doctor D.

Try 'Diesel run-on' !

Best,

Alan

Re: Diesel Question... ... I once looked at a diesel rabbit that someone "fixed" the ... long as the fan was spinning, the engine continued to ... Does it only run on after the key is off if the ... rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled - 4 Apr 2000 by john snipped-for-privacy@usa.com - View Thread (9 articles)

Re: 440 engine does not stop after switching off ignition! ... problem possably ignition switch or relay, 2.Does it run on rough , sound like a diesel and shake , if ... May 25, 2001 1:04 PM Subject: 440 engine does not ... alt.autos.volvo - 25 May 2001 by Tim - View Thread (4 articles)

Possible for a FI engine to DIESEL on shutdown ? rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata - 8 Aug 2002 by Conase - View Thread (3 articles)

Re: 240Z dieseling ... will cause engine to +ACI-ping/diesel+ACI- under ... again this needs to reflect your particular engine..to rich ... idea not to let the car run on after switching it ... alt.autos.nissan.z-car - 30 May 1999 by Ben Campbell - View Thread (3 articles)

Can a FI car diesel on shutdown ? rec.autos.tech - 9 Aug 2002 by Conase - View Thread (1 article)

Re: The Maverick "A really short run-on time for a ... used to shudder and shake for at least

60 seconds after you turned ... Such as inside a diesel engine cylinder at the top of the ... rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc - 19 Jul 1998 by Roger M. Wilcox - View Thread (10 articles)

Can FI engine diesel on shutdown ? alt.autos.toyota - 9 Aug 2002 by Conase - View Thread (2 articles)

Re: Shuddering Car with Key Off ... I think it's called dieseling (after Mr Diesel). ... other characteristic differs somewhat from that that the engine was originally designed to run on? ... alt.folklore.science - 11 Nov 1996 by John Savage - View Thread (15 articles)

Reply to
Alan Dempster