Garage Repairs

Can anyone help. I had a new water pump fitted and at the same time ha

my timing belt changed plus tensioner etc. This was at the end of Fe which is about 12 weeks ago. Driving home today the timing belt jus fell off when I was driving. It didn't snap just fell off in one part I don't know if it has caused any damage to my car because I have no started the engine and got the vehicle towed back. I will be phonin the guy at the garage tomorrow. Does anyone know where I stand wit this? I am not sure if the garage have a guarantee with work but in m mind I wonder if I would be able to claim under Sales of Goods Act?

Any advice help would be gratefully received I would prefer to kno where I stand before I phone the guy tomorrow.

Thanks very muc

-- AndyLaguna

Reply to
AndyLaguna

very weird they don't just fall off !!! your be very lucky if it hasn't caused any damage, obviously if the garage is to blame they will have to rectify any damage as they will have a guarantee with any work, if its a part thats failed then they would get hold of thier supplier, we had this happen to use with a part & the work was repaired by the manufacture as the part was faulty. dont go in all guns blazing as this will get their back up straight away, listen to what they have to say first.

Reply to
reg

Additionally, just to be sure of your legal position, contact your local trading standards office, they will explain all that to you. Then you cannot get fobbed off in any way, not that a reputable garage would do that of course.

Reply to
Brian

AndyLaguna wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@autobanter.co.uk:

Most strange, what car is it?

Reply to
Tunku

A Laguna by any chance?

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Nah, nobody would buy a car just because it had the same name as them ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It fell off? In one piece? The *timing* belt?

I've not seen a Laguna timing belt arrangement, admittedly, but I don't see how any timing belt would be exposed enough to be able to just fall off without some part of the engine getting in the way and stopping it.

Still, tell the garage that did the work what happened and they will have to repair it.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

"Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

I've seen the aux belt fall off a Laguna, along with the pulley (nut was undone), not a timing belt.

Reply to
Tunku