Gear Change on R reg Nissan Micra 1.0

Hello. I recently bought an old Nissan Micra as a first car. It drives really well apart from little niggle when I change from 4th into 3rd
it is really sticky and difficult to get back into 3rd.
Changing up is always unproblematic however the issue only ever happens when changing down from 4th to 3rd.
Any help or sugggestions much appreciated.
Sarah
On Sun, 09 May 2010 13:27:44 -0700, Sarah Gildea wrote:

Does it "crunch" when you try to change?
If so, the synchromesh for third gear is weak.
It's unlikely to make the car undriveable if you treat it with care; Google double de-clutch, or modify your driving technique to avoid third gear on down shifts.
If it doesn't crunch, but movement is difficult, it might be a gear linkage problem.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

On Sun, 09 May 2010 22:23:21 +0100, Chris Whelan

Which is dull but easy to fix.