Gearbox oil

Conor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

I'll vouch for that. I had the oil changed in my Mondeo MKII gearbox when it was out for a new clutch. Smoother and cured the 'difficult to get into second when cold' problem.

Reply to
Tunku

Not down to the new clutch?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why bother to give such a stupid answer. If you can't help, don't post. You seem to have to ask in various newsgroups and forums about what to do with your Focus!

Reply to
Clive

How do you know he doesn't? How do you know he hasn't just bought the car? You were just posting a pointless answer because you seem to know very little abut cars. If you can't give an answer then don't bother. Go test your news program in alt.test

You should remember that when you ask about servicing your Ford Focus in other newsgroups and on forums!

I doubt it or they would be working in garages.

Which is why he was asking if anyone knew. You don't so don't bother replying!

Reply to
Clive

And what is the purpose of your post? How does it help?

BTW, if you think it's a bad idea to service a car 'by the book' you're an even bigger prat than you seem at first.

Have I? I've never owned or worked on a Focus.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Even more important to do a full service, then, if its got no service history.

And you apparently know even less by your lack of answer to the OP's question.

Oh - mine works perfectly well. Yours. on the other hand doesn't remove a sig. So I'd suggest you find out how to use it yourself...

That's the second time you've made this mistake. How about giving a reference to one of those posts so we can all have a laugh?

Why would a design engineer want to work in a garage?

As a net cop 1/10. Failed miserably.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
+AD4- As a net cop 1/10. Failed miserably.

His life in a nutshell. +ACI-Clive+ACI- is a multi-ID-morphing wannabe troll, sometimes known as +ACI-the Tiscali idiot+ACI-.

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Dunno dat Pug, my 160k saab has never changed gear oil. The oil seem to stay in there and looks clean, so why change?

Reply to
johannes

Ah. Right. Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

Hit and run troll, never replies to follow-ups. Best deep-sixed. Rinse and repeat as he morphs.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Good point - I'll get my coat...

Reply to
Hiram

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

Nope. A known problem on Mondeos. The old clutch was on the edge of possibly starting to slip, but as I am a recent convert to shed dragging, (too old and stiff for the tent these days), I decided to changed the clutch for peace of mind. Car had the original clutch according to the full service history and has almost tripped the 100,000 mark. Hopefully it will not need done again.

Reply to
Tunku