Glue to stick wood to plastic dash!

Hi all, I need to glue some wooden veneer panels back onto my cars plastic dash. They are parted company after 15 odd years, old glue residue is still on the dash. Whats the best glue to use? I was thinking about just alorditing it on!

Will

Reply to
Will Reeve

OK firstly if you need to remove the old glue you could try lighter fluid (test in a small area in case it effects the plastic), this will soften the glue.

Next sounds to me as if you need to use a contact adhesive - various types/brands on the market but basically you apply a thin layer of glue on both surfaces, allow to dry then stick the two surfaces together.

Reply to
dave F

Its not fake plastic wood is it .... as seen in most modern cars. I can actually use wood stain on my bits of dashboard planks, they be proper wood'n stuff!!

Its probably some form of impact adhesive on your bits .... you apply it on both sides, let it dry, then bung 'em together. If its anything like evostick 528, petrol seems to weaken it's bond.

On my car, they wood bits are attached to aluminium strips which clip into the dash and four doors.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder