good small car???

sorry I forgot about that and the acres of metal inside

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

Rover Maestro Diesel Rover 220SDi

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

He's right, they're utter utter shit. I had several of different flavours when I was with BSM and they're not the dog's anythings - they're just dogs.

Reply to
Guy King

Why not...

?

Alistair J Murray

Angus McCoatup ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Hmmm. I'd rather have decently done painted metal than some of the shittier plastics that are about.

Reply to
Adrian

I'd recommend the Toyota Starlet as my Mum's got one (P reg), and never had any bother with it for over 4yrs. Sails through MOT's every time.

Her's is a 1.2, very nippy engine, 3-door, power steering, sunroof and drivers airbag (forget about passanger).

I've driven it quite a lot and it is a good wee car, though I find it too small overall. Space is okay but can get a bit cramped in back with 3. Boot space is average, but fine for some cases, though seats have to be folded for golf clubs. Prices should be within your range I expect as the Yaris replaced it I believe.

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
SL

But it's not rattly nor oily...?

Reply to
DervMan

But it's not rattly nor oily...?

Reply to
DervMan

Bare metal in a car allways makes it feel cold and cheap, give me the plastic anyday.

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

Get credit and get a Citroen C2 - they drive very well, stick to teh road like glue and you'll never have more fun in a small car - I guarentee it!

I've had mine 4 months - done 4500 miles init already and never get bored of driving it - plus it's got paddle shift gears ;) =A38000 brand new

5150

JoHurt wrote:

Reply to
5150

Reply to
5150

Take it back to Ford. It should be.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Where have the Yaris' gone? They're supposed to be good aren't they? Very economical, fast, and reliable!

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

You might just pick up a Yaris for your £3k and I am very, very impressed with those. Otherwise the latest shape Clios are really very good, with the previous shape being almost as good.

Been car shopping with my little sister recently so have a good idea of the market you're looking at.

You could spend 10% of your budget on my C Reg micra ( pics:

) which will be just as reliable as a newer car and take a long caribbean holiday with the change.

Reply to
fishman

good. Is there a big delay or something between changes?

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

It's alright, you can't really spot it... and the sound of the gearchange is drowned out by the "pinking"

Reply to
Pete M

It's hardly a paragon of virtue though, is it - I had the use of my Aunts 54 plate one, a couple of weekends ago, and it's the one with all the toys and leather.

It struck me as something that wasn't particularly special, and I'd not buy one out of choice.

Reply to
JackH

You can get a re-con unit for around £130.

Reply to
JackH

Having only driven our newly purchased 52plate Ka Collection 30 miles so far I am quite impressed. Ok so the HCS Endura E isnt the last thing in refnement at peak revs but it fairly rips up to 75-80mph even four up and the handling is just like the Focus and very chuckable with the steering incredibly accurate and precise. Great fun.

I had the misfortune of an X plate 106 1.1 for a week and although it was nimble and fairly pleasant to drive, it almost rolled over when you showed it a bend...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Fast?