Have they lowered the CO emissions limits?

Recently took my Daewoo Lanos for the new computerised MoT. It passed but I noticed on the emissions test page that the maximum CO limits are lower than the previous 2 years results that I have. Maximum fast idle CO previously quoted 0.30 & natural idle 0.50, but now it says max fast idle 0.20 & natural 0.30. Just wondered if the emissions are now more stricter with the introduction of the new MoT system.

Reply to
John

It's all to do with the BET(Basic Emision Test). The BET was introduced to speed up the testing process, and is non vehicle specific. The BET uses the tightest emission values for the emission period that the vehicle was built, and if the vehicle meets them it passes. However if it doesn't meet them, it'll then go onto a full vehicle specific test, where the emission limits for that vehicle will most likely be higher than the BET.

***
Reply to
Moray Cuthill

"Moray Cuthill cuthill_at_v21.me.uk>" It's all to do with the BET(Basic Emision Test). The BET was

Thanks for the explanation. On previous cars they usually struggle to pass the emissions but this one for the 3rd year has been 0.00.

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:45qsimF820rpU1 @individual.net:

IME, the results are always well within limits, typically 0.00 - 0.05% for the CO and

Reply to
Stu