Headlamp adjuster

I have just been trying to adjust the headlamp alignment for the MOT, and I think something has snapped. When I first turned the screw, the beam moved, but now no longer does.

Is the headlamp adjuster a part I buy from a main dealer. If so, how do I fit it. Will it be obvious once I remove the headlamp ?

Reply to
Paul S

The message from snipped-for-privacy@anyone.plus.com(Paul S) contains these words:

Depends on the car! If it's a Montego or a Humber Super Snipe then probably not.

You may just have popped its ball joint out of its socket.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks Guy.

It's a Peugeot 205.

Ah! So do I just need to remove the headlamp and repair the adjuster. Presume it'll be obvious if it's broke.

Reply to
Paul S

From the scrappy then. But IIRC it's a nylon bit that falls apart

If it's the bit I'm thinking of then yes, it'll have popped out of the housing.

Reply to
Duncanwood

The message from snipped-for-privacy@anyone.plus.com(Paul S) contains these words:

Yes and yes, though sometimes a smart whack with the heel of your hand will reconnect it. You'd need to know it was that first though.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy, Duncanwood,

It was exactly what you said. Took me at least half an hour to get it back in.

I placed the ball on the end of the screw, back on the plastic adjuster, but every time I pushed the headlamp back on to it's pivot supports, it kept popping out, possibly because it's no longer a tight enough fit having rusted somewhat (wish they'd mke these things out of something that doesn't rust).

In the end, I tied a piece of string to the adjuster and pulled it tight towards the front of the car, whilst pushing the headlight back onto it's pivots.

Reply to
Paul S