Discovery Headlamp Washer Jet

Steph was in a carpark in Wellingborough the other day when some dozy bint rolled backwards into her. She didn't think it had done any damage but now I see its broken one of the headlamp washer jets (stick up from bumper in front of headlight). Don't suppose anyone's got one laying around they don't want, have they? I haven't enquired what a new one will cost from LR yet.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

ISTR they are about 9 quid...

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Gary Sutherland tried to scribble ...

Up to £11.01 last time I looked .. which is too much for me from E-bay, but if you _need_ them .. ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

I needed one and rang Merlin our local dealer in Nottingham. Just over £5 inc the vat. I rang a couple of my usual suppliers and they were dearer (only pence). For once a main agent was selling something as cheap as the motor factors.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

On or around Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:30:24 +0100, "Digweed .. ;\)" enlightened us thusly:

flaming con, they're literally about a fiver from the main dealers, as others have said, and I couldn't believe it either.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

No - that's just the beauty of Ebay - you can sell all your old junk on there (and some newer stuff) for more than it's really worth! I've sold lots of bits n bobs out of the shed/attic and I am sometimes amazed at what people will pay.

I have a work colleague who collects die-cast models and he has been selling on Ebay for several years now - his latest coup is dinky cars he bought for

80p each in Sainsburies - he's getting £10 a time on Ebay for them. The most recent idiot prices I've spotted are for Harry Potter Mini-Optical PC Mice - you can buy them new for £2.99 but folks are paying up to £7.50 on Ebay???

Caveat emptor I reckon

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

Graeme tried to scribble ...

> 348

Gotta say I agree with this. If someone's too stupid to know how much what they're buying _really_ costs, then more fool them.

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

Mandy has a bit of fun on ebay. Recently she bought a Harry Potter lunchbox in a bargain bin in Woolworths for 15p. She got £12 for it on ebay, plus postage!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I sold 1000 copies of one of my short stories, in PDF format, for 99 pence each, not long ago! They were all sold within 24 hours....

Reply to
Llandrovers!

Thanks everyone, I'll give the local main dealer a ring.

I expected them to be much more than that.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland