Headlining

My ancient volvo 740 is drooping its headling all over me making it a bit difficult to see out and drive.It appears to be a common fault with diesel volvos. Is it a diy job to replace or would it me a total nightmare to attempt Thanks for any info

-- snipped-for-privacy@Bluyonder.No.Junk.co.uk Remove No.Junk. to reply

Reply to
Andy

My ancient volvo 740 is drooping its headlining all over me making it a bit difficult to see out and drive.It appears to be a common fault with diesel volvos. Is it a diy job to replace or would it me a total nightmare to attempt Thanks for any info

[...]

Is it falling apart, or still in one piece,but drooping? If falling apart, then there is no cure, you'll have to rip it out, and either have a bare roof, or get some material suitable for the roof.Boat and LandRover magazines have ads in them for roof lining materials. I did my Land Rover for about £30 including glue(contact adhesive). If just drooping, then carefully peel it back starting at the doors, and give it plenty of glue to stick it back. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

The message from snipped-for-privacy@darkroom.minus.com (A.Lee) contains these words:

Stretchy materials are quite easy to find in fabric shops. Almost any knitted fabric will be stretchy enough to do the job and you get more for your money.

Reply to
Guy King

Agreed, but the proper stuff isnt damaged by being constantly damp in the mornings,and when it is wet, soon dries out. I had my LR done, as I was getting rained on every cold morning when I applied the brakes! Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

And presumably only now the cold damp days have arrived?

It's glued onto a backing, and the glue has failed. I'm told it's possible to remove the whole lot and re-glue it but that it's a hell of a job to do well.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

DaveK.

Reply to