Rover 214 immobiliser

I have a Rover 214i and a problem with the immobiliser.

It appeared to be the battery in the fob so I changed it. I followed the instructions and it worked. However next time I try to get in the car it isn't working. I take out battery and discharge fob, put battery back, unlock door, open and press button on fob four times quickly. Fob now works, but only till the next time I try to use it. Any Ideas? Is it fob or unit? Any way to get around immobiliser?

Thanks for any help

Tony

Reply to
tony

First port of call is to remove the fob battery and give the battery holder contacts a good clean -- use a cotton budd with meths or switch cleaner.

Also is it affecting both key fobs ? -- if it is try cleaning the earth point for the ignition ECU -- earth point is loacted adjacent to front N/S headlamp. -- on 200/400 the retaining bolt is sometimes threadbound and as resyult gives a poor earth so remove in and clean it and the contact patch on the panel up and use an extra packing washer when refitting to ensure it clamps properly.

Reply to
Andrew