Help - Noise from aircon

I have a noise coming from my car and would appreciate receiving some advise on it.

The noise starts when I turn the aircon on, and is worst when the car is cold i,e been standing for a couple of hours.

The best way I can describe the noise is a rattling tapping noise, as if something is slapping against something else.

I have looked under the bonnet and the noise seams to be emanating from around the drive belt area, and when the aircon is turned on the belt seams to vibrate i,e side to side. After about five minutes driving the noise seems to subside.

Any idea what might be causing this noise

For info the car is a T Reg Rover 416

Many Thanks

ME

Reply to
ME

Neil Williams

There's usually a cut-off switch to prevent this happening.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I did have the aircon regased following substantial accident repairs, and for the week after the aircon seamed to work very well, almost non existent until garage regassed the system again. This was about 15 months and 22,000 miles ago.

Is the £400 quoted for fully fitted part?

Many Thanks

ME

Reply to
ME