Help - Oil light coming on !

In message , Adrian writes

Mmm, I had an oil level/pressure gauge on my 306, it's just that I'm not entirely sure I'd rely on something like that as a substitute for checking the dipstick.

Reply to
Steve Walker

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Street saying something like:

Ditto for the ShiteOldEssex - the shells are a service replacement item on those, it seems like. I've encountered numerous ones where a new set of shells restored pressure for another 70K miles. If the worn shells are replaced when tickover oil pressure drops to 10psi, the crank will go on forever.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You also haven't given an age of this vehicle. When was the oil changed last? Change oil and filter, maybe flushing the engine will help!!!.

Bill

Reply to
Bill