Holts Gun Gum any good

Hi

I have a small hole around 3mm across in the centre section of my exhaust just as it goes into the back box.

Car is goign to be scrapped in September/October as its value is around £300 and I have a new car coming.

In the interim , will Holts Exhaust Gun Gum and Holts exhaust Bandage do teh job of fixing long enough to get through the next 10 weeks. I do 150 mile a week in teh car.

brian

Reply to
Brian G

Probably, it depends if the whole pipes going to disintegrate anyway, but if that's going to happen then it's going to happen whatever you use.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I didn't know it was still available. I once repaired a Maxi exhaust=20 with Holts bandage and a baked bean tin, tin held on with wire and then=20 wrapped with the bandage. It lasted at least six months and was replaced=20 only because it needed an MOT and would not pass with a bodged exhaust. =20 As long as you dont wet it too much when you put it on and then warm up=20 the exhaust slowly while it sets, it should be good for ten weeks.

Reply to
pb

Try it and see as you have nothing to lose! I used it years ago on an old Escort until the exhaust dropped off from the downpipe. Mine lasted months. It was a putty type material and a bandage with wires.

Reply to
Paul P