Small Hole in Headlight

Evening,

The wifes' car has a small hole in the headlight where a stone has hit it. It still passes the MOT with good pattern, but can get a it damp in the winter (especially this year !).

Does anyone know the best way to sort of repair it - without replacing it ?. Plastic film over the hole + glue ?. Don't want to disrupt the light pattern too much obviously.

ta

Graham

Reply to
Graham2

Graham2 ("Graham2" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Silicone sealant.

Reply to
Adrian

Hot melt glue.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

What car is it? Some headlights are a tenner...

Reply to
Doki

J Reg Daihatsu Charade

Graham

Reply to
Graham2

It won't be a tenner then.

Reply to
Doki

Go to B&Q and pick up a small tube of clear mastic and apply a 'blob' to the hole in the lens and smooth it over with a wet finger.

BRG

Reply to
BRG

Doki ("Doki" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It may well be - if you can find one.

Reply to
Adrian

£5 ?
Reply to
Maxi

In that case the cost of the repair ( atube of silicone sealant) will exceed that value of the car. It's a write-off I'm afraid.

Reply to
gustavfenk

Clear acrylic resin.

Reply to
adder1969

In that case the cost of the repair ( atube of silicone sealant) will exceed that value of the car. It's a write-off I'm afraid.

Since it' the wifes car I'll make sure she's in it when it gets crushed !

Thanks Guys

Graham

Reply to
Graham2