Honda HRV Wheel Bearing

If there was a definitive answer to that then he'd know, but perhaps you'd enlighten us to how one finds out for less than the price of the oil?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Putting bearing on regardless, got to eliminate both front bearings.

As for the diff oil, the rear diffs are what goes on these, cos people never change the diff oil! New diff = £1500, diff oil = £6, it's a no brainer!

Will post monday afternoon with some hopefully positive results!

:)

Reply to
smokinfish

where can you get 'dual pump fluid' for 6 quid?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Code:

--------------------

smokinfish

-------------------- plus 5 pounds delivery.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

True, but it would be £5 if I ordered 1 bottle or 100.

In an interesting twist of fate, they forgot to send the order out (had a web error and didn't get the order or summat,) and are actually refunding me the entire amount of my order plus postage - so i'm getting

3L for £0 ! lol
Reply to
smokinfish

Anyway. The right-hand front bearing AND dual pump fluid change have not fixed the problem. Humming is still there while driving straight on, more when turning right, and goes off when turning left. It did have the wrong fluid (looked like automatic transmission fluid, blood red,) in, but the new fluid hasn't affected it in the slightest.

It's going on the lift next week to see if the noise is audible from outside.

If anyone has any ideas on what it still might be..? Rear wheel bearing?

Getting annoying and expensive now :(

Reply to
smokinfish

get a real mechanic to look at it :)

sounds like left rear wheel bearing or you have a noisy drive shaft cv joint.

Reply to
Mrcheerful