Honda Jazz Rear Whir.

Hi (again)

The girlfirends Honda Jazz is giving off a whirr from the rear axle, i think its the OSR.

I first noticed it at the end of June on holiday when we had the car heavily loaded for camping but it was only very mild.

I again noticed it this weekend, but this time much more noticable at 50mph+

My first instict was that it was a rear bearing (car is on 110k much of it on country lanes/mways) When we pulled up i had a quick feel of the brake disks and the OSR was a little hotter than the NSR. This has got me wondering if it could be a partially seized caliper.

Six months ago i took the car in for recalls at Honda who kindly told me it needed pads and disks all around and it had a seized rear caliper. I changed the pads and disks (rears were metal on metal - no comments about women!) but could not find fault with the caliper and put it down to Honda blaggig (they never took the wheels off). But now im wondering, I am going to have a look this week. I am expecting to be able to feel the bearing in the wheel turn/waggle. But other than uneven pad/disk wear or possible blueing of the metal what would i expect to find in a seized caliper?

I note that a caliper refurb kit is available for 25% the price of a caliper, is this do-able at home or is it worth getting a refurb caliper?

What are rear bearings like to do on these?

TIA!

Reply to
Tom Burton

Far more wear on the pads than on the other side.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I would have a look at tyre wear, swap front to back and see if that solves the problem.

Bearings jack up the car and spin the wheels and listen if there is a rumble.

Not sure what type of bearing so as to remove them.

Reply to
Rob