how does TX4 taxi achieve tight turning circle?

Oddly, there is a factor to consider with those two vehicles - the type of steering. They both have 'old-fashioned' systems, using a steering box and links. Using a rack and pinion box might make it more difficult to achieve the articulation needed.

As an aside, the (non-commercial) vehicle with the worst turning circle I have ever driven is a LR 110; it completely caught me out the first time I drove one!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

you get used to it. but worse than those is the ferrari 308, it can be very time consuming to get into a parking space.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

308 between kerbs is 39 feet, 110 is 44.

Incidentally, the LR 130 is 50 feet!

I realise there would be other difficulties with the Ferrari however.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

certainly the ferrari seems much worse and lack of visibility does not help.

best big car I had for parking was the mk2 granada estate, good lock and excellent visibility coupled with square corners you could see, meant it would go in gaps just a couple of foot longer than the car. Nobody has mentioned volvo 240, they had amazing steering angles and could fit in tight spaces, again helped by squareness and visibility.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

The Herald had R&P.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I agree with the Volvo 240, the one I learned to drive in could turn very tightly in car parks. I found it easier to park than a Rover Metro.

Reply to
LumpHammer