How far can u drive without alternator?

The Highway Code references I provided were in response to you saying "...when parking lights *were* required". The inference was that they are now *not* required. As you can see, under many circumstances they are.

The reference I provided that linked to the

website gives the legal definition of the lights you are required to show when parked. Therefore, if you are not showing those lights, under the circumstances where they are required, you are committing an offence.

If you are parked on a road where it is necessary for light to be shown, one light at each end of the vehicle, a light dangled out of the side window, or a parafin lamp hung from the door handle will not meet the requirements of the law.

Of course, the likelihood of prosecution is fairly slim...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Attach some little hammers to the cam shaft?

Reply to
malc

Ahh, it must be slowing you down. Don't you ever drive uphill?

-- Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

The message from "Billy H" contains these words:

Not in that car anymore. The automagical box has given up.

Reply to
Guy King

Can't those things be shorted out?

Reply to
Billy H

What gearboxes? Neat trick if you can do it.

Reply to
malc

not 'arf!!

-- Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

I'm not surprised carrying all that weight around. Can't you convert it into a milk float?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Permanent magnet on the flywheel & a coil?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

Ah - retro!

Reply to
Guy King

Bet it had a mechanical fuel pump so no 3 to 5 amp fuel pump. Carb so no fuel injectors. No ECU electronics, sensors and actuators (like idle control) drawing yet more current. Hand cranked windows. Windscreen demister that worked on airflow just by driving over 5mph and no need to run fan. 10w mono radio instead of 4x50w=200w quad speaker + CD changer.

Peter Hill

USA got it with a 1400cc engine. Nissan made a Puma 30 years before Ford.

Peter Hill

Nowt wrong with Nissan RS13 milk float.

don't say how far he can get in it.-- Peter Hill Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Reply to
Peter Hill

Pretty much the same as the OPs car...

Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, £2.50 just for signing up:

Conor

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:25:48 -0000, Guy King wro= te:

Duncan Wood