how not to drive through a flood

Reminds me of the time a bloke tried to top himself by jumping off a chippy roof in Chesterfield one evening, everyone who was out on the piss gathered round and shouted "Get on with it then...".

Reply to
Doki

Do police van drivers get advanced driving training?

Reply to
MrBitsy

Thank you, but the sentiment is the same ;)

Reply to
Elder

Don't lie!

Reply to
Rob

I'd expect at least one of them in the vehicle to know how to deal with a flooded road and shout the magic word when the idiot behind the wheel started accelerating into the water.

Reply to
Brimstone

Yes, I agree. It shouldn't require an advanced driver to cope with that more sensibly.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

I thought there were no umlauts in "umlaut"

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

There aren't but I thought WTF, let's have some.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ta for the crosspost to uk.rec.self-righteous.wankers Tim.

Reply to
Doki

Whöösh...

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

What with one of your boring attempts at self justification?

Blah, blah blah... Bites harder than a 40lb cod.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You're welcome.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Dave, I was taking the piss. :-)

You normally pick up on such things, are you OK?

Reply to
Brimstone

Oh right. Sorry.

No, not really, but we've all got our problems. I won't bore you with my current assortment, but thanks for asking.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

Looks to me as if they were held up by the flood and taking pictures of it as they hung around. The filming only seems to start when it's clear that the van is going to try to go through.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

It was also a H bend and the plod couldnt see the full extent of the flooding due the the hedge.

McK.

Reply to
McKev

Surely all the more reason to take it easy?

Reply to
Brimstone

Bollocks, but in any case you never attempt to drive through water at the speed the plod did. They got what they deserved.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Dämn!

(Could have sworn there used to be...)

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

If you need to apologise, then ITV certainly do; they've just shown it as a viewer contribution from one George Smith, in relation to the latest floods.

Kwality !

Daytona

Reply to
Daytona