How to create wheelspin

Saw that on a car next the mine. The wheels were already spinning (apparently) while waiting for the lights to change! No point in following this car, I thought, but how is this possible? It was just rotating wheel covers :-) Is this legal?

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Johannes H Andersen ( snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Legal? Yes. Tasteful? No.

Reply to
Adrian

Also sprach Johannes H Andersen :-

Dunno - I saw some the other day and thought they were almost the naffest thing I'd ever seen.

Then again - one of the neighbours has just fitted a whaletail to his car and is obviously very proud of it. I could barely contain my mirth as I walked past him and a friend discussing the merits of it.

Reply to
Guy King

I suppose the next thing will be to pump out tyre squeal over the 10KW stereo?

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Don't keep us in suspenders... Metro? Proton? Suzuki Vitara?

Reply to
Adrian

I find the jurassic roof fins on the new BMW 5 series slightly naff. But now

3 series owners are also beginning to fit them :-) Do BMW pay royalties to Beckham?
Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Next they'll appear on Golf GTi's and soon on down the food chain..............

:)

-- r

I assumed they were an antenna or sorts, are you saying they are purely cosmetic! They look completely out of place on the car IMHO.

Keep well all,

Will

Reply to
Will Reeve

Will Reeve ( snipped-for-privacy@reeve.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They are. GPS/SatNav. Same job as the small squarish blob on the bootlid of A8s a few years back.

On some, undoubtedly.

Reply to
Adrian

It's the wheel trim which has a rotating inner part visible through the 'spokes'. You can buy a set for about £15 (special offer at Tradex) but there are cheaper ways of looking a fool.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Depending on the height it could double up as a handy picnic table in summer

Reply to
ph12

They are legal, but the taste police might want a word with you ;-)

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Also sprach Johannes H Andersen :-

You can already get a thing which makes the sound of a blow-off valve blowing off. Looks like an alarm unit - connects to a clutch switch.

Reply to
Guy King

Also sprach "ph12" :-

Too high and too sloping. I would imagine it takes a good few MPH off his max.

Reply to
Guy King

Fine legally.

I saw some in Liverpool as I was driing back from a game. Some big black dodge 4x4. Thought "tosser" as I saw him, turned out it was Cisse's car.

Reply to
barry

Yeah, you could turn on your front fog lights all the time!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

But now

If they did, no wonder he is rich!!

Reply to
Harry

Why? All you get to see is some bint driving it along one stretch of road from half a dozen angles, *and not stopping at the stop sign*.

Stop signs are _normally_ there for a good reason.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

dojj ( snipped-for-privacy@dojj1.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Look at the pic that shows the driver's door trim. If that's champagne, it's about a bottle of it.

Adrian

for the money I'd expect them to have in minter than mint

Reply to
dojj