Hub nut removal

"Alan" wrote in news:Yvi8h.21408$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net:

This is exactly that we ended up doing, but welded the socket directly to a BFO bar. Both driveshafts now changed, and it wasn't a right hand thread that was the problem. It just needed a gurt big nutty spec breaker bar as above. I'm well chuffed. :-)

Reply to
Tunku

Good news. Glad it wasn't an opposite thread. I couldn't have withstood the shame :-)

Reply to
telnet

"telnet" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Heheheh, I must admit to some relief too ;-)

Reply to
Tunku

How about freezer spray (either plumbers, or component chiller from Maplin)?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Probably just as good; if not better. I've just noticed the compressed air is REALLY cold by accident when trying to clean a motherboard. Apparently P4's dont react well to frozen cores......

Reply to
Sandy Nuts