I hate engine oil :-(

I don't say so. Your posts do.

Reply to
shazzbat

Which in particular? Are you referrring to this thread or more generally?

Reply to
Robert R News

*I think you will find that you'r concrete like mass consists largely of burnt oil rather than the really damaging metal fragments.*

Need I say more?

Reply to
shazzbat

I think I was tired when I wrote that :-). TBH I couldn't be bothered to write what I really meant and assumed the meaning would be obvious - evidently I either didn't write what I thought I wrote or was wrong in my assumption. I said I was an engineer - not a mechanic (and we're all fallible and make mistakes from time to time).

In any case my point still holds, the sump plug is there for a reason - otherwise it wouldn't be there!

Reply to
Robert R News

"Robert R News" >

reason -

In the case of Mercedes, the plug is there because not all service centres in all countries have a sucker-outer. They also know few independents and fewer DIY'ers have the tool and there would be Hell to pay if they did not install a little hole in the bottom as a sensible alternative to cater for these people.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I find that hard to believe, they only cost a few quid.

Oh no it's isn't. AVG is officially declared bollocks by two European consumer associations.

Reply to
martin