I need tips on sabotaging a car

On 26-Dec-04 16:30:25, Mike P said

I appreciate Mike is not recommending you do this, but I would add that it is surprisingly easy to turn yourself into a human torch when monkeying about with petrol and a match.

..and I'm not talking about Johnny Storm from the Fantastic Four, neither. :)

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

Nice.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Whatever you choose to do.....remember, revenge is a dish best served cold ;o)

Reply to
Ben

We are having similar problems with a neighbour - the police have advised to keep calm, not escalate things etc.

As and when you do have evidence to pin down your perpetrators you DO NOT want to be in a position of having to deny doing something that you have done.

it's hard, I know - but try and create for yourself the smug feeling that comes with being "clean".

In the meantime put your efforts into finding and accumulating proper evidence of what they are doing.

Reply to
R. Murphy

[...]

Playing devil's advocate, they could possibly claim that the covert video would not be admissible in court...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Perfectly admissible if you put a sign up clearly stating that video recording is used to protect these premises.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Catalytic converters are expensive to replace and I believe can apparently be damaged by a chemical reaction with certain types of (silicone?) sealing compound.

One therefore wonders whether it would be possible to spray a gas or liquid far enough up an exhaust to create terminal damage, it would also be undetectable, not as I would for one minute suggest that anyone do this and lay themselves open to criminal damage, even if it were possible.

Reply to
ivan

Would be very difficult to get anything as far as the cat -there's usually quite a few bends and baffles in the silencer's, etc. to contend with. Of course, you could just get as far under the car as possible and hit it with a lump hammer...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Brake fluid on the paintwork. I accidentally washed my Sierra with diluted brake fluid (it had exactly the same size, colour and style container as the car shampoo and I hadn't bothered to read the label!) via a pressure-washer. It wasn't until I noticed the lack of foaming and the funny smell that I realised my mistake - of course I immediately disconnected the washer from the container and rinsed it all off with cold water and a soft brush but even in the space of a few minutes it had noticeably discoloured the paintwork on the roof... :-(

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Yeah...give it up. Not the brightest bulb in the pack are you?

2004 11:20:48 GMT)
Reply to
Conor

If they have an accident due to mechanical failure, even if it was genuine and nothing you caused, then the finger of blame will be pointed directly at you and the Police would take a very dim view.

Reply to
Conor

As in any warfare, actions are only effective the perpetrator is known to the enemy. Which brings us back to the question whether it is really worth it.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Not true. It can be satisfying to know that they are going to have to pay to get something fixed.

Reply to
neutron

...unless OP could contrive to wipe them all out in one go without anyone suspecting.

Reply to
Mark W