indicators

i have a vauxhall corsa and my indicators have stopped working. When i use the indicators the green light on the dashboard comes on but it doesnt flash like it used to and also the lights on the outside of my car dont come on. I have replaced the relay but they still dont work. Any ideas what could be wrong with them??

Reply to
loz0210

Corsa-B or Corsa-C?

Reply to
moray

Worth quickly checking the relevant fuse, probably not that if the dash light is coming on but may as well take the ten seconds to check it. Next I would suspect either a bad contact at the relay base or a duff replacement relay. Put one of the relays in, engage the indicator, and poke prod and waggle around the relay base, see if they suddenly start flashing. If you have a multimeter and the wiring diagram (which often is printed or moulded onto the side of the fuse) and the ability, check the voltages and/or resistances to ground at the relay base contacts. What does it do if you put the hazards on?

Reply to
Vim Fuego

very commonly the hazard switch fails, try turning it on and off rapidly a few times, this seems to disturb the contacts inside and often resurrects them

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Corsa B

Reply to
l_clark0210

Thanks will give that a go. Do u mean turn the hazard lights on a few times? using the button on the dashboard?

Reply to
l_clark0210

Hazards seem to be working perfectly

Reply to
l_clark0210

yes, stab the hazard switch on and off a few times, this is very common on fords too, I often have to do this at mot time on my own and customers cars

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful