Insurance Claim ...Engineers Visit Onimous???( Update)

The engineer came out this morning to see my Mondeo's accident damage and his words were, after a short examination of the damage :-- . " That's fine .I'm going down to the garage to discuss it and we'll get you booked in for repair.."....he said he saw any repair that was estimated at over 10 hours ...... When Axa called me to say that an engineer was coming out why didn't they take a few minutes to explain their procedures and avoid me thinking that there was likely to be some problem ... Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Why look on the black side, or alternatively, why didn't you ask? Is it Axa's fault?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

Did you actually ask them at the time?

Reply to
DougP

I did ask when Axa called to say an engineer was calling .She said .Well it could be this ,it could be that ,it could be the other ..suggesting it could be becuse the cost of repairs were higher than the value of the car ..It was this last bit that caused all the upset over the visit ... Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

See other answer.. Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart

Probably a receptionist ;).

Reply to
Doki

Yeah probably ...as an aside the guy said it would new doors not skins because of some impact bars that would have been damaged ... Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Read it - yes I can relate very well to how that response would make you feel. Sort of thing which would drive me up the wall too.

Reply to
DougP