Update: Cambelt & tensioner

Right got an update: took the car to the garage first thing this morning. Drove it as gently as possible. In first gear at 60 mph *joke*

The mechanic saw to it first thing I waited for 30 mins he looked at a few things and took the drive belt off and was convinced it was the cambelt and tensioners. So he said its going to take some time so I left him to it and he said he would call once he knew what was wrong so fair enough.

Went home couple of hours later he calls me to tell me that if I had driven another 2 miles maximum it would've been it. He said theres 2 belts where the cambelt is I think it was ... and one had snapped and that was what was making the noise and the second one was hanging on by the skin of its teeth. So thanking the man like he was god he wont be able to get the parts till monday and should be done same day. costing £260 parts and labour. Which I think is a great price considering if the engine went it would have been a lot more!

I cannot believe how lucky I am he said he doesn't know how the hell it didnt blow but told me to do the lottery tonight with this luck lol

Cant say how much of a relief it is that my pistons and valves will still live. Thankfully no damage has been done.

Thats about it ... off to do the lottery.

Reply to
Souls