insurance for car/motorbike on a trailer

i have a motorhome, a bike and soon a smart car,

i want to tow one of them on a trailer behind the motorhome, the motorhome policy covers any trailer being towed for 3rd party risks, i.e. if it detatches and wipes out the queue for the dole office.

And with an aditional premium i can have the trailer covered for the dammage caused by the chavs heads denting the trailer as they are kneecapped,

But i cant get the bike or car covered whilst it is on the trailer,

I've asked the bike insurer if i can get the bike insured whilst it's being trailered around, but they dont know and have asked the underwriter, wont get anything back for at least a week now. The smart car is going to be insured with virgin, so i dont expect to get anything understandable out of them if i called them, but i'll try an e-mail and see where that gets me.

i've tried searcing for stand alone insurance, but can't find much on google, lots of horse trailer insurers, but even they dont insure the horse.. but they are apparantly covered whilst in a trailer anyway.

I've talked to people before when i towed my last bike on a home built trailer, and people said they'd never tow on a home built trailer as they cant get insurance for their bike when on a home built trailer, has to be a recognised proffesionaly built make bought from a shop.

but i never thought to ask them about where they got insurance for the bikes they towed on their factory built trailers, and i've lost contact with all the people i used to know who knew me back then.

i know when i used to work for a breakdown firm, anything on tow or on the back of the trucks was covered upto a few hundered grand, but that was a commercial thing, and i deffo dont need commercial insurance, i want to tow me bike or car for leisure use only, it will only ever be my bike or my car on my trailer towed by my motorhome driven by me

Reply to
gazz

What a complete idiot you are! You're no better than anyone else and who is to say you never worked a day in your life, or that purchases were nothing to do with proceeds of crime?

Most of us on this newsgroup earn a lot more than you a year!

Oh dear, what a complete fool you are. You know what you are typing is untrue.

I take it by "the bike" you mean a close female companion? Just using your thought process temporarily there.

So why are you posting your message. You have been told when you will be given the answer. Are you completely thick?

I suggest if you can't understand a letter or terms and conditions you ask for the help of a more intelligent adult. In order to accept the insurance you need to understand and agree to the terms and conditions, so by saying you don't will not only have the insurance company laugh at you - but you will not be covered. That's because you don't understand what the cover is.

Seperate insurance for a horse, and if you have a race horse then it's completely different. I doubt you will be in a position to ever afford one.

If you're so well off and better than everyone else why can't you afford to buy a proper trailor? if the insurance company will not insure your "effort" and you don't understand what standards the trailor has to meet, or even understand the terms and conditions of the policy, you will not get very far.

Probably because you come across as a bit "thick" and it sounds like the people wouldn't want to keep in touch with you. Can't imagine why!

So why mention it? It has nothing to do with what you want. You said so yourself. I like the "used to work" bit. I thought so.

Good, so phone an insurance company. Get someone to help if you're having trouble with basic communication skills.

Reply to
Clive

So you can't take a joke then? the dole office bit and chavs is a dig at the people the scum newspaper seem to enjoy having a go at, you a guardian reader i presume.

whassamatter, been cwedit cwunched and finding the dole queue a bit of a chore when a few weeks ago you were being noshed off by your secetary whilst answering calls in your big office ruining the country at the same time???

big awwww for clivey wivey everybody.

yes i worked once, a long time ago, everything i own is bought and paid for, no credit needed, if i want something i save up for it, simple, been waiting

2 years for the smart. is that all it takes to be so hated then?
Reply to
gazz

Mouthing off like a feckin' eejit? Yeah, that'll usually do it.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Coward.

Reply to