It's one of those weeks...

Monday, changed thermostat on 2.8i Capri. As some know, this is hidden at the bottom of the engine. Got the bolts out witout snapping (miracle) but it leaked like a sieve when I put it back together and I ended up retapping the bypass hose flange that the three bolts go into.

1 hr job = 4hrs.

Got a new back box fitted to my Rover 420 on Monday too. On Tuesday the baffles (in a brand new silencer) decide to part company so yesterday I got a replacement fitted. Driving down the road today and the bloody clutch cable snaps.....

Wonder what'll happen tomorrow. Got a 60 mile round trip to work tonight.

Reply to
Conor

I know the feeling. They do say that disasters come in threes. I wish you luck :-)

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

Twas Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:44:14 +0100 when Conor put finger to keyboard producing:

Take a sleeping bag and flask of tea ;o)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mr.niceATsofthome.nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mrnice106___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

To whom did you go and how much did it cost. Need to get mine done but haven't rang around yet (hate doing that despite it always being worthwhile!)

Reply to
Marcus

Same thing with my current car last year. Bought a 420Sli ('98) from a Rover dealer. I noticed that that back-box was rusting away so they agreed to fit a new one before I collected the car, which they did. Anyway, after driving around for a couple of weeks the noise from the exhaust was ridiculous! I took the car to an independent garage to have it checked out and they said that the baffles had gone. Took the car straight back to Rover and they replaced the box without any argument.

Btw, it's time to replace my front tyres and I notice in an earlier thread that you were thinking of fitting Pirelli P6000s on your Rover. Did you do it? What do you think of them?

My current tyres (already on the car when I bought it) are P6000s on the back, but Stunner SV198s on the front (which I've never heard of before). The front tyres are bloody awful in the wet so I'm looking for something better.

Shaun.

Reply to
Code Developer