K10 Micra - Reversing Lights.

Before i give up is disgust, can anybody help? Please?

My wife has a tatty old Micra which is due an MOT, amongst many things the reversing lamps were playing up, first only coming on briefly as you selected reverse then giving up the ghost altogether.

I went to the dealers today, baulked at the £30 cost for a new switch and basically cursed and swore at the cretin who designed the bleedon' thing in the first place. Having had much entertainment in getting the beggar out, and finally fitting the new one (and of course refilling with oil!) The thing is still playing up.

The weird thing is that as you go into reverse the lights come on, then off as you go right into gear. I can't see anyways of adjusting the switch, nor can i see how adjusting the linkage will affect the limit of travel in the box itself.

Short of bodging a microswitch to the gearlever, I'm at a loss as to how to stop the girl failing on this!

Any thoughts/ideas/possible solutions, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Harris

As long as they are not on permanently you can ignore them. Reverse lights are not a part of the MOT test.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Really? Bugger. Well, bugger in so far that I've spent £50 odd quid and got nowhere and didn't really need to for the MOT, but Whoppeee that it's one less thing that it will fail on! :-)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon.

Reply to
Jon Harris

I can confirm this... we took the car to the garage and said "our reversing lights need fixing, then can you MOT it?" They told us it wasn't needed and just booked it in for the MOT. It's a pain in the arse cos the light helps when reversing in a poorly lit/unlit area, but it was good to be able to put off the expense for a while.

-- For Sale: car, wheelchair, USB phone chargers... All Auctions:

Helen Page