MGB Reversing Lights

The reversing lights on my 1972 MGB are permanently on. Sounds' like the switch on the gearbox?

The switch is on the nearside of the gearlever extension, just above where it comes out of the gearbox. Question is - how do you replace it? There's only a very small amount of room around where the gearlever itself comes through the tunnel.

Before I start ripping up carpets or removing the radio console, is there an inspection hatch down there somewhere? (or, as I feel my credit cards twitch, is it an 'engine out job'?)

Many thanks

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

Apparently if you drop the back of the box under the car you can get in to change switch. Might help if you have small hands though.

Reply to
Steve Martin