Ka door loom q.

Hi all,

I was idly examining the cable assy that joins the o/s door electrics to the car today and found it to be a multi-pole bayonet type plug thing.

The rubber boot is split and it looks like someone has had a go at fixing some broken wires in there (and may explain why the o/s speaker isn't working) so can you easily buy a new door loom and rubber and what sort of cost please?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

T i m gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Nope, doesn't look like I'm in a Ford parts department.

Reply to
Adrian

I think you meant to Twitter that didn't you? ;-)

All the parts departments were closed when I discovered this was a plug (all my previous vehicles were hard wired there) and I though I'd ask here before possibly wasting my money then having someone here say "I've got one in the garage you can have for a beer".

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

T i m gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian

That is most definately something you want to be getting from a scrapyard. I expect ford prices will be slightly silly for them.

It's also not uncommon for the connectors to be butchered by people trying to run their own wiring for speakers and central locking.

Reply to
Doki

Ok thanks. I have now found a local scrappy that seems very keen to help (he found me Rover 200 rear quarter light for a tenner). I'll give them a call tomorrow. What sort of money would be 'about right' for this sort of thing then please?

Thanks again. The right chan is out on the CD radio and the inner drivers_door_handle top comes off, suggesting someone has been in there at some time. However, the PO was a 30 year old lady and looking at the service history I don't think she's played with it as such. I think in this case it might (hopefully) just be wear_and_tear, 80k miles of door action. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m