Having a clear out of engine parts in the workshop

I've been sorting through the shelves of engine parts in the workshop accumulated over 20 years of building race engines for people. Lots of stuff about to be chucked unless someone wants it. Mostly free to collect unless it has any scrap or sale value like the ally stuff and new parts. Everything is at Chalfont St Peter near Slough.

1) Complete 1.8 Pinto Sierra engine taken out of my own 1988 Sierra when I stuck a 2.1 big valve engine in there. Can't remember the mileage but it wasn't high and it ran sweet as a nut. It's been sat on the garage floor in the dry for 15 years complete with carb and flywheel just as it came out of the car and is no doubt as good as it was back then. Free to collect.

2) Huge collection of 1.6 CVH stuff. I used to build a lot of those. Rockers, valves, sundry heads and other head parts, conrods, flywheels, rocker covers, sumps, maybe a block or two but I haven't been though everything yet.

3) Complete 1.8 CVH Sierra cylinder head. I think the cam is still in there. It was once anyway.

4) 1.8 CVH Sierra sump.

5) Lots of Peugeot 205 1.9 8v (XU9) engine parts. Block, crank seal end plates, sump spacer plates, cams, inlet valves, a sump or two.

6) Pinto sump cleaned and painted

7) Brand new 1.8/2.0 1988 Sierra 4 door OE Ford exhaust system. Probably fits the other body variants too.

8) Brand new Astra GTE MK1 exhaust manifold.

God knows what else lurks in the recesses but I'll continue to work through it.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Might there be any Kent related stuff in there please Dave (particularly rocker shafts and heads)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Sorry nope. I've done a few of them but never accumulated any spare bits. Everything that got delivered got used in the builds and/or taken away again by the customer.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Ok, well thanks for the reply.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Is the 1.8 Pinto a 'safe' engine and would it fit where a 2L would have gone? Also, is it unleaded ready? I'm thinking I would like to replace the tired 1.3 Kent in the Rickman Ranger kitcar and I have most of the bits ready to do the job (Cortina sump, RS2000 throttle cable etc etc) and the 100K 2L Pinto out of my Sierra estate. Would the 1.8 be as simple as the 2L electrically?

Reply to
T i m