Kia Sorento

My daughter has a diesel automatic 4 wd - just bought.

She had to take it to a Kia dealer for a key fob reprogramming. They made a great drama of the fact a drive shaft UJ was badly worn. I guess this is on the drive shaft that takes the drive to the front or the rear.

I am wondering how much fuss the selling dealer will make and I guess this depends on the likely cost of the repair. My question is - is it likely that the UJ can be replaced - or will it need a new shaft?

Regards

John Plant

Reply to
DerbyBoy

Dunno specifics, though my sister has a Sorento, but I replace UJ's on my Landrover regularly for less than £12 .. takes about 30 minutes to do a thotough job. The landrover only does about 3k miles a year now, but almost all of them off-road .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

John,

Is the car coverd by the 7 year Kia warranty? If it is, try invoking that to get the repair done.

Cash

Reply to
Cash