ford focus heated screen

ford focus 1.8 petrol 2004

I tried using my heated front and rear screens early this morning and noticed nothing happens.

I turn them both on and an orange little light iluminates on both but neither windows front and rear don't sppear to do anything ?

Any ideas on what I can look for to see if this is a simple fix ?

tia

Reply to
Pete

The front screen will only come on if the alternator is able to balance the charge (and if the engine is actually running, of course); if the battery is very low, and a lot of other devices are switched on, the screen cuts out to avoid flattening the battery. I'm not 100% sure if the rear screen is the same, but it may well be.

The only point in the circuit that could affect them both is the fact that the feed for them comes from the unfused side of fuse 8 in the engine bay fuse box.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The front screen requires the engine to be running

Reply to
steve robinson