Parking sensor kits

Thinking of fitting one to an Astra estate (plastic bumper). Any recommendations, advice, warnings?

Reply to
Newshound

The positioning of the sensors is quite important. If they are fitted as an extra to your model, copy those positions carefully.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bought a set of four on Ebay, about £15 IIRC. Work perfectly, even for a single post. Didn't bother with the dashboard display bit. Can't really see the point unless you're deaf. I see Rimmer Bros offer a similar looking set for £85 so prices can vary !

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

After an amusing experience at work involving the MD, a coach and a wall, remember that they do not automatically apply the brakes. ;-)

Reply to
John Williamson

ROFL

I was interested to see that some of the DIY ones rely on putting on the brakes (i.e. brake lights) to power the front sensors, which struck me as a bit daft (unless they have a decent capacitor in there so that you only have to dab the brakes to give the control box a bit of life).

Reply to
Newshound

Thanks, not sure if they are. Will have a look round

Reply to
Newshound

I'd come to the same conclusion, although if you do want it, the extra tenner or so for wireless saves a lot of grovelling around.

Thanks

Reply to
Newshound

Mine has a dash display too which is pointless. So all you actually need is the bleeper. That can be situated at the back of the car, so no need for wireless.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)