Labour & Parts Estimates

Is there a website that can give a rough estimate of common repairs both in terms of labour hours and parts costs? I'm specifically interested in knowing how much roughly it should cost to replace an alternator in my Peugeot 405 TD.

Reply to
Sheffix

Andyspares- £60 to £90plus vat for alternator- depending on model 405. Corner garage might charge £20 to fit. Peugeot main dealer- sky's the limit. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Andyspares-

Sorry, yours is £98.50 plus vat. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Thanks Dave. Is there a website though that can generate a "general idea" estimate for common work to be done? Might be worth someone setting it up.

Reply to
Sheffix

Not that I know of. Main dealers charge over £40 an hour. Your local auto electrician is your best bet. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

£60 an hour if you're anywhere near London!! Although some are now doing "fixed price" stuff on older cars. Just got the cambelt and auxiliary belt done on our 306 D Turbo for £150 all-in, including 12 month no quibble warranty..

Dan

Reply to
Dan Post