Laguna 1.9dci fuel consumption

Hi Can anyone give me an idea what kind of fuel consumption I might expect from one of these, doing mostly motorway cruising?

Looking at buying a 2002 model with 53K on the clock.

Cheers

Reply to
Proteus

or

simon

I have heard rumours that these cars are a nightmare...servicing wise, the cost is apparently very high.

However, I must say, I've seen some go really cheap. £2k for a 4 year old fully-serviced immaculate car isn't too bad at all. Stilos seem to go the same way.

I would really investigate on a laguna-owners forum also before purchasing one, so you can check for common faults on them firstly before buying a specific model.

Reply to
David R

I have a Laguna, it is a nightmare, Turbo twice in 8 months not to mention head gasket cam belt twice

Do not get one

Reply to
Robert Ratcliffe

In answer to your fuel consumption question - I would expect the mpg to be in the high 40's, low 50's depending on cruising speed. BUT, and its a big but.. I totally agree with the previous posters, these cars are bad news. Turbo problems, engine problems, electrical problems, trim problems, the list is endless, all with very high repair costs.

Reply to
Auto

Hmm, I presume the old shape Megane 1.9 DCi shares the same engine and has the same engine/turbo problems? If so, that's wiped another car off my list.

Dave

Reply to
Morse

I wouldnt bother. These cars, especially after 4-5yrs old are fraught (and i mean seriously fraught) with *expensive* problems. Same goes for all Renaults of this ilk, especally Clio's!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks to everyone for your feedback! I've also found reviews which do not give glowing reports so I think I'll steer clear.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Proteus

I had a spanker in 2003 2.2 initiale (top of the range no more exras available!)

Plus point Comfy

Bad points 34 Mpg !!!!!!!! the 2.2 150 was a thisrty girl New gearbox fitted after 20K, still was not right sat nav kept playing up ( pain in the arse when i needed it for the job) Tyre sensors replaced countless times Broke down umpteen times with the computer telling me fuel injection fault only for Renault to find nothing ( would come back to life after about 30 mins!! rattly trim

Reply to
Staffbull

I hope you didn't actually buy that car outright, and it was a company car. Bit like that 15k peugeot 207 (or 307? Can't mind...) top of the range model. Okay, it's got lots of extras, but it's still a french/peugeot! Better off with a cheapo merc/beamer at that price.

Reply to
David R

No, company car, the V70 d5 was too expensive at the time so I wanted a fully specced powerful diesel, joke was a collegues Passat 130 would leave it standing!!! supposed to be a 150bhp my arse!!

Reply to
Staffbull