mondeo mk1 rear lights

does anyone know what could be causing the rear tail lights and dashboard lights not to be working .I have checked fuses under bonnet and under glove box but they are ok.

Reply to
key

Bad earths, corroded contacts etc

Dave

Reply to
gort

This is a fairly common fault on the earlier mondeos. I think I can guarantee you 99.9% that it will be a faulty switch. Your symptoms are identical to several mondeos that I have changed switches on. Make sure that you get the right replacement, as the higher spec mondeos have the extra "pull out" position for the front fog lights which the more basic models don't.

Reply to
Partac

Great. My Dad's Mk1 Mondeo had exactly the same thing go, and it cost him about £200 all in all at the local Ford dealer to replace some fancy module or other. I can't remember exactly what we tried first, only that the handbook was clear as mud as to which fuses we needed to replace relative to that problem, and that the fuses were ok, but somehow removing a fuse and replacing (which would imply a dodgy connection, and it was slightly more than that, I really don't remember) sorted it for a bit, but they stopped working again and he took it to them to sort. They've always been reasonably ok with him in the past (he bought the car from them back in '98) so I don't think they conned him, but I might be wrong....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

thanks,i got a new switch from ford.this sorted the problem but after ten minutes they failed again any ideas

Reply to
key