Freelander fuel consumption

Can anyone who owns one give me an idea of the everyday fuel consumption of the v6 auto Freelander please.

We are thinking of buying one of these but the drop from 26-30mpg from the Saab down to 16mpg for the Hippo is a little frightening as this will be the everyday car.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
John Smith

Got a 4.6V8 engine in the serioulsy heavy Disco and a 2.5V6 in the Freebie. Guess which drinks most fuel? Guess why the V6 is going in favour of a 50th Anniversary Defender....

No really, it drinks the stuff!

Reply to
<metalthrasher

Around 430kms per 60 l tank , which gives approximately 20 mpg. If push it like hell on say long journey with minimal stops but plenty up hills etc get about 410kms - this on a no stop garage/garage straight haul. South African conditions.

B/Rgds

Reply to
Cargoman

My XEDi average about 36 over 50,000 miles mainly on fast road use. It did seem to improve as it bedded in.

My Td4 is doing less than this bit seems to be improving (40000miles).

AL

Reply to
Alastair Keith

I'm averaging 38mpg on my TD4 with 15,000 miles on the clock so far.

Reply to
Tim Biller

My XEDi averaged 35 over 65,000 miles, mostly long journeys.

Patrick

-- Patrick Manuel

Reply to
Patrick Manuel