Laguna Heater

Winter is here and my Laguna heater is only just blowing warm. Engine temp is normal so it looks like a blockage of some sort, Any tips on where to start looking, or how to sort.

Thanks Cold in Somerset

Reply to
Merlin

Try here and do a search for radiator

Roddy

Reply to
Rodders

Thanks for the tip but the radiator is ok, but I did do a search for 'heater' and found that the heater matrix could be faulty. Any one have any idea how much it will cost to replace ? Is it a easy job, or a garage job. A 2 hour job in a garage usually ends up a whole day job if I do it. I can't find any workshop manuals for a 98 Laguna. Haynes don't do them.

Reply to
Merlin

This any help?

Steven Campbell

Nip over to Ebay, there are loads of them

Roddy

Reply to
Rodders

Thanks very much to you both. Each time I have asked I have always been told they don't exist. Never thought about Ebay. Time to start bidding !

Reply to
Merlin

If you're lucky it'll be an airlock not any major problem. Dunno anything about Lagunas specifically though, except that like all Renaults spares cost twice as much as anybody elses.

Reply to
PC Paul

... and go wrong three times as often.

The cooling system was one of several things that I had to fix in my Laguna - the thermostat was stuck open, one of the bleed screws was missing, the expansion tank was cracked ("shur'ead gasket mate" observed one mechanic, wrongly) and the radiator was leaking. A new thermostat, new old expansion tank, an M6 galvanised bolt and some instant gasket followed by a cooling system flush and refill later and it was sorted, leaving me free to work on all its other little quirks.

Reply to
Carl Bowman