Frontier Heater problems

I have a 2001 frontier crewcab and I have noticed an odd heater problem. The engine will get hot and start to blow heat from the heater vents as it
should in the winter. When I come to a stop, within 10 seconds, the warm heater air gets cold and stays cold until I start moving again. The heater fan is running, the engine temp is fine and the heater core is not leaking. I am looking for any input anyone might have.
Thanks,
Joel
If you have had the coolant/antifreeze changed lately you may have an air pocket in the cooling system, or the coolant level for the engine is low, which indicates that you may have a leak somewhere

heater
leaking.
I thought of that the other day and topped it off. It was low and that worries me. I appreciate the help and input. I knew I could count on this group. BTW, love the email name. Will have to give it a good look over when I change the oil soon. Thanks again.
Joel

it
warm

Site Timeline