Laguna seat belt tension

Hi, My driver seat belt has lost some of it spring, if you know what I mean. On release it slowly returns with a bit of help. As I have a MOT due in July, can I increase the tension or is a new part required.

TIA

Reply to
Merlin

Try cleaning it with a solution of washing up liquid and rinse off well of course. It often improves quite a bit.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Provided the seatbelt locks when yanked sharply forwards you have no worries with the MOT. The spring return isn't part of the MOT to my knowledge.

Dave

Reply to
Dave