laserline alarm problem

my ford escort had a laserline alarm fitted before i bought it,and now its playing silly buggers and going off when it wants! id like to rip it out but its connected to the central locking, my mate said it could be the weather but im not so sure. if anybody has any advice on how to disable (temp or perm) it or correct it id be very appreciated.

thanks in advance tony

Reply to
tony

Mine's doing the same - went off at 4.45am yesterday. Was it a spider crawling over the sensor? It surely couldn't be damp in this weather! Sleeping with my windows open meant that I couldn't ignore it .

If you have the key all you have to do is find the key-hole and turn it off. (Took me ages to find mine - it was covered with a very close fitting plastic cap. (a) I didn't recognise it and (b) the fit was so good at first I thought it was not meant to come off.) Or, leave it "on" and use the RC to lock the car, and then unlock before the alarm has gone off. (This should clear the Laserline LED warning bleep codes.) Then lock your car using the Ford key. If necessary, install a flashing LED to help deter thieves.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart