Leaking PAS on Ford KA

Is Lucas Power Steering Rack Stop Leak Fluid any good for stopping a gradual leak on the power steering rack on a KA?

Reply to
DIY

You'll swell the seals for acouple of weeks, and it will probably stop the gaiters ballooning with fluid, but after that the rack will be scrap.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

I avoid working on KAs, but IIUC Rack faults are common on these and so is the pump, some garages insist on changing both at the same time, or they get the customer back in a few months time.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Bodge bodge bodge

Reply to
Tom

Thank's to everyone for clarifying this for me.

Reply to
DIY