Leaky petrol tank

Hi,

The fuel tank on my Cavalier's started to weep a bit around the seam. Not enough to leave a mark on the drive etc, but you can smell it!

Does this mean I need to have a new tank fitted (if so, what should I expect to pay?), or can it be resin coated (if it's a cheaper option)?

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

There's a product you put in the tank, it's called Petseal or petroseal or something of that ilk. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm told it works OK.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

You can use somethine like Petropatch but it's a lot safer to replace the tank as a rear end shunt could split it for example.

Reply to
Chris Street

weld it up boy.

Reply to
sQuick

But empty it first.

Reply to
Pheasant Plucker

Or leave it full before welding, could be a good show for nov 5th :)

www.buypartsby do fuel tanks which are fairly reasonably priced.

Reply to
tollermccallum

Or leave it full before welding, could be a good show for nov 5th :)

do fuel tanks which are fairly reasonably priced.

Reply to
tollermccallum

Thanks for the replies. After reading a few other stories I think I'll just get the tank replaced. It ain't the weather to be wriggling about under a car!

Cheers,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Full is probably better, although not necessarily of petrol

Reply to
adder1969