Punto petrol tank. "HOW MUCH????"

Just had a new petrol tank fitted on my 1996 Fiat Punto SX, due to it leaking from the seam. Cost me £270 alone without labour, as Punto's require a special plastic petrol tank only available from the dealer.

Just a word of warning to any Punto owners!!!

Cheers!

Cassandra

Reply to
cassandra.flowers

yeah, plastic is horrendously expensive.... bastards!

Reply to
Barry

The message from "cassandra.flowers" contains these words:

I'd expect most tanks are dealer only. Anyone know of common third party tanks?

Reply to
Guy King

Who would fit anything but a third party tank to a Series Land-Rover?

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

The message from "Simon Atkinson" contains these words:

Yeah, well, OK!

Reply to
Guy King

Your local scrap yard, perhaps. There should be some Puntos of a similar vintage there.

Reply to
dp