LED bulbs

Anyone know any Web suppliers of LED replacement bulbs?

cheers tim

Reply to
Tim

Dongo!

Funnily enough, I wanted them for my car. tim

Reply to
Tim

They supply LEDs, not LED bulbs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I made some for the SD1 stop lights. You need a group to spread the beam as one is too directional. Nine seemed a good number, and easy to fit to an old SBC bulb cap - and the series resistor can go in the base. I grouped them on a bit of veroboard with a thick earth wire soldered to the bulb brass bit to support it. You can then bend the individual LEDs to give the best spread of light.

Beware that if you have any form of bulb failure device, it will show a fault.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Twas Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:55:24 +0100 when Dave Plowman put finger to keyboard producing:

An LED is not a bulb, a bulb is not an LED. Quite different things.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Try

I know they have tail/stop/sidelight LED (and washer jet....)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Just a thought, but....

If you add a resistor across the live and neutral of approximately the resistance of the bulb, will this not cure the bulb warning light problem..

Andy

Reply to
Denley

Quite likely, it will also get damned warm

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

A bulb is something you plant in the ground if you want to be pedantic.

But the common usage of the word doesn't differentiate between the various operating principles of 'bulbs' - otherwise you couldn't have low energy 'bulbs' which are actually fluorescents. So there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yup - this is what Hella - and maybe others - provide with their LED conversion tail light assemblies. But it needs to be a chunky resistor mounted in a suitable enclosure as it gets very hot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

try giving Startline a call -

I know they have lots of them